Program TypeOperating Assistance
Application DeadlineSeptember 30, 2019
- Application Type
The Operating Assistance for Community Arts Organizations program supports organizations that provide public access to a range of artistic and cultural activities, develop and encourage leadership for arts and culture at the community level, and encourage support for arts and culture from local and regional governments
Who Can Apply
In order to be eligible for support through this program, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be registered as a not-for-profit society in good standing with the Province of British Columbia and have operated as a community arts organization for at least two fiscal years prior to application.
- Provide year-round services to its community, and have done so in the immediately preceding two years.
- Receive cash support from local government (i.e. cash for operations or programs, not in-kind).
- Compensate artists by paying fees to professional artists at industry standards and to community artists at agreed upon rates; and adhere to international intellectual property rights standards.
- Employ professional artistic and administrative leadership (even if fully managed by volunteers).
- Demonstrate a range of membership that is representative of its constituency or community including diverse cultural and Indigenous populations.
- For organizations that have not previously received Operating Assistance:
- Eligible applicants must have received a minimum of two discipline-specific project assistance grants within the last 5 years.
- Applicants must discuss eligibility with the program officer at least six weeks before the application deadline.
How to Apply
The application intake opens approximately six weeks before the program deadline.
All applicants, especially those who are new to the program, are urged to discuss their request with the program officer.
Please note that program staff are typically available during regular business hours Monday - Friday. If a deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, staff will be unavailable on that day.
Program guidelines are revised annually. Please ensure that you download and review the most recent version posted to the website.
Updated program guidelines for 2019/20 coming soon...