Program TypeProject Assistance
Application DeadlineOctober 15, 2019
- Application Type
The Professional Project Assistance program for Arts Festivals supports the development, enrichment and creation of new or unique public programming through a specific project, component or programming initiative within the festival.
Grants are intended to encourage specific art forms or practices, increase the availability of professional arts to the community, and build the artistic programming of festivals. Applicants must apply for support for a specific project, component or programming initiative within their existing festival that responds to one or more of these intentions.
Who Can Apply
In order to be eligible for support through this program, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be a professional arts organization registered and in good standing as a non-profit society in the Province of British Columbia for at least one year.
- Be based in British Columbia and offer programming in B.C.
- Engage competent, professional artistic/curatorial and management leadership, as demonstrated in previous achievements, collaborations, partnerships, relationships, etc.
- Compensate artists and practitioners by paying fees at industry standards and adhere to international intellectual property rights standards.
- Provide financial statements for the most recently completed fiscal year.
- Not currently receive Operating Assistance from the BC Arts Council.
- Have operated and offered public programming for a minimum of one year as a non-profit society.
All interested applicants should review the program guidelines for further information about what is eligible for funding.
How to Apply
The application intake opens approximately six weeks before the program deadline.
All applicants, especially those who are new to the program, are urged to discuss their request with the program officer that corresponds to their area of practice prior to submission.
Please note that program staff are typically available during regular business hours Monday - Friday. If a deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, staff will be unavailable on that day.
Program guidelines are revised annually. Please ensure that you download and review the most recent version posted to the website.