Early Career Development Now Open for Applications!
The Early Career Development program is open for the 2021 intake. The deadline this year is June 30.
Project Assistance: Early Career Development supports immersive and highly impactful opportunities for emerging and early career practitioners to:
- develop their artistic and/or administrative practice.
- participate in knowledge transfer, skill sharing, and reciprocal learning in the sector.
- expand their career experience, professional networks and exposure, and professional portfolio.
- build capacity in their identified community(ies), e.g. geographic, cultural, area of practice, etc.
Arts and cultural organizations as well as individual art practitioners can apply to this program.
To better support our strategic directions, we have made some changes to the program. For the first time, as part of a pilot project, we will be accepting applicant statements in an audio/visual format. Our intent in allowing applicants to submit an audio or video file rather than a written statement is to make the application process more accessible.
In addition, we’ve updated the program eligibility. Individuals who have completed their basic training within 10 years (rather than 5) can now participate, if they are:
- 30 years old or younger
Or identify as one or more of the following:
- Indigenous (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit).
- Racialized (also referred to as Culturally Diverse, or Person of Colour, or Visible Minority).
- Deaf, and/or a Person living with Disabilities and/or with Mental Illness.
Or if they:
- Live outside of the capital region* or greater Vancouver.
Otherwise, applicants of any age can apply to Early Career Development, provided they have completed their basic training within 5 years of the application deadline.
You can learn more about Early Career Development on the program page.
* For the purposes of this program, Sooke, Metchosin, the Gulf Islands, and the Juan de Fuca Electoral Area are considered as outside of the capital region.