The BC Arts Council is looking for an individual to join the Council’s board.
The following attributes are sought for the position:
- Knowledge of government and the public sector environment;
- An understanding of the roles of a director of a public governing board;
- Knowledge of current and emerging issues affecting the organization and its industry or sector;
- Knowledge of one or more of the following artistic communities: Indigenous art and cultural practice; music; media arts; visual arts; museums; book and arts periodicals publishing;
- A communications background would be an asset;
- Extensive experience in board or the development of boards would be an asset;
- Representation from rural and regional communities and/or knowledge of arts and cultural activities and challenges for these communities would be an asset.
The deadline for expressions of interest is September 13th.
To reflect the diversity of our province, women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who may contribute to diversity are encouraged to put their names forward.
For more details on the vacancy and how to submit an expression of interest to be considered, please visit this website.