Program TypeProject Assistance
Application DeadlineDecember 1, 2019
- Application Type
The Co-op Placements assists arts and cultural organizations to hire students for professional work experience through co-op placement and work-integrated learning programs.
Who Can Apply
In order to be eligible, applicant organizations must:
- Be an arts organization, museum, book publisher or Indigenous cultural centre that has received at least one grant since April 1, 2014 through BC Arts Council operating or discipline-specific project programs;
- Be an incorporated non-profit arts or cultural organization that has received a grant through BC Arts Council’s Shared Cost Arrangement programs at BC Touring Council or First Peoples’ Cultural Council (Aboriginal Arts Development Awards) since April 1, 2017.
- Employ an eligible co-op or work-integrated learning student as a paid employee for one or two terms, for a maximum of 32 weeks under normal circumstances.
- Hire an eligible student from post-secondary institutions with established co-op or work-integrated learning programs.
- Meet the eligibility requirements, including minimum number of hours, of the institution and program from which the student is to be hired.
- Not have any outstanding final reports on previous BC Arts Council grants.
- Organizations may apply for up to two consecutive terms for a single individual. Applications for concurrent employment terms are not eligible.
All interested applicants should review the program guidelines for further information about what is eligible for funding.
How to Apply
The application intake opens approximately six weeks before the program deadline.
All applicants, especially those who are new to the program, are urged to discuss their request with the program officer that corresponds to their area of practice prior to submission.
Please note that program staff are typically available during regular business hours Monday - Friday. If a deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, staff will be unavailable on that day.
Program guidelines are revised annually. Please ensure that you download and review the most recent version posted to the website.
Updated program guidelines will be available at least 6 weeks before the program deadline.