Program TypeProject Assistance
Application DeadlineDecember 15, 2019
- Application Type
The Co-op Placements program assists arts and cultural organizations to hire students for professional work experience through co-op placement and work-integrated learning programs.
Who Can Apply
In order to be eligible, applicant organizations must:
- Be an arts organization, museum, book publisher or Indigenous cultural centre that has received at least one grant since April 1, 2014 through BC Arts Council operating or discipline-specific project programs;
- Be an incorporated non-profit arts or cultural organization that has received a grant through BC Arts Council’s Shared Cost Arrangement programs at BC Touring Council or First Peoples’ Cultural Council (Aboriginal Arts Development Awards or Indigenous Arts Awards) since April 1, 2017.
- Employ an eligible co-op or work-integrated learning student as a paid employee for one or two terms, for a maximum of 32 weeks under normal circumstances.
- Hire an eligible student from post-secondary institutions with established co-op or work-integrated learning programs.
- Meet the eligibility requirements, including minimum number of hours, of the institution and program from which the student is to be hired.
- Not have any outstanding final reports on previous BC Arts Council grants.
- Organizations may apply for up to two consecutive terms for a single individual. Applications for concurrent employment terms are not eligible.
All interested applicants should review the program guidelines for further information about what is eligible for funding.
How to Apply
All applicants must be registered in the BCAC Online Grant Application System. It is highly recommended to read the entire How to Apply Online before starting this process.
Registration requests, once completed in the online system, can take up to 4 business days to be approved by BCAC staff.
Once an applicant has an organization profile in the system, then an online application form needs to be filled in and submitted.
All applicants, especially those who are new to the program, are urged to discuss their request with the program officer.
Please note that program staff are typically available during regular business hours Monday - Friday. If a deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, staff will be unavailable on that day.
You can access the main log in page of the BCAC Online Grant Application System by clicking the Apply Now button at the bottom of this webpage.
Program guidelines 2019/20 - PDF version
Program FAQs - PDF version
Preview of the online application form 2019/20 - PDF version
Program guidelines are revised annually.