Program TypeProject Assistance
Application DeadlineApril 1, 2020
- Application Type
The Professional Development Project Assistance program assists professional artists and arts & culture professionals:
- to take advantage of opportunities which require travel; or,
- to undertake specific learning activities to advance their practice or career.
The program assists those who demonstrate a high degree of critical self-reflection and link activities to the next stage of their professional development.
Who Can Apply
Under normal circumstances, to be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and have lived in British Columbia for at least twelve months immediately prior to application.
- Be an artist or arts administrator in the disciplines of creative writing, dance (performance, choreography), media arts (film, video, audio/sound art and new media), multi-disciplinary practice, museology and conservation, music (performance, composition), publishing, theatre (performance, design, directing, technical), or visual arts (creation, curation).
- Have completed basic training in their discipline (not necessarily in academic institutions) and is not enrolled in full-time studies.
- Be a professional artist or arts administrator.
All interested applicants should review the program guidelines for further information about eligibility.
How to Apply
Applications are accepted throughout the year. There are three intake deadlines: April 1, August 15 and December 1. Applications received in the period leading up to each deadline will be adjudicated together.
All applicants, especially those who are new to the program, are urged to discuss their request with the appropriate program officer prior to submission - their contact information can be found on the top right of this page.
Please note that program staff are typically available during regular business hours Monday - Friday. If a deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, staff will be unavailable on that day.
Program guidelines are revised annually. Please ensure that you download and review the most recent version posted to the website.