Program TypeOperating Assistance
- Application Type
Professional Dance Organizations: Operating Assistance contributes to the support of professional, non-profit performing arts organizations working in dance that sustain an annual artistic program encompassing creation, development, production, and public presentation.
COVID-19 & the BC Arts Council
We remain committed to supporting B.C.’s artists and cultural organizations through this difficult time.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the timing of individual grant programs could be affected, and in certain cases, programs may be suspended or deferred. Changes could also be made to the eligibility of activities within programs and successfully funded projects may need to make adaptations to comply with relevant public health orders, including those regarding gatherings and travel.
The most up-to-date information will always be posted on our dedicated COVID-19 Update page and individual pages for programs open for intake. Updates will also be announced on our Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Who Can Apply
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a professional performing arts organization registered and in good standing as a non-profit society in the Province of British Columbia;
- Have operated as a professional performing arts organization for two fiscal years prior to application providing public programming for a minimum of two fiscal years prior to application.
- Compensate artists and arts professionals fairly in keeping with community contexts and industry standards within the field of practice, including adhering to international intellectual property rights standards and cultural ownership protocols.
For organizations currently receiving Operating Assistance:
- In order to continue receiving funding, you must continue to fulfill the above criteria and operate in good standing.
For organizations that are not currently receiving Operating Assistance:
- You must establish your eligibility and intention to apply for Operating Assistance with the Program Officer a minimum of four weeks before the deadline.
- You must have received at least two Project Assistance grants from eligible programs at the BC Arts Council within the past five years, including at least one creation, programming or production grant from a discipline-specific program. Please confirm eligibility of past funding with the Program Officer.
How to Apply
All applicants must be registered in the BCAC Online Grant Application System. It is highly recommended to read the entire How to Apply Online before starting this process.
Registration requests, once completed in the online system, can take up to 4 business days to be approved by BCAC staff.
Once an applicant has an organization profile in the system, then an online application form needs to be filled in and submitted.
All applicants, especially those who are new to the program, are urged to discuss their request with the program officer.
Please note that program staff are typically available during regular business hours Monday - Friday. If a deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, staff will be unavailable on that day.
You can access the main log in page of the BCAC Online Grant Application System by clicking the Apply Now button at the bottom of this webpage.
Program guidelines are revised annually.
The following guidelines are provided for reference only.