Program TypeOperating Assistance
Application DeadlineMarch 15, 2020
- Application Type
The Operating Assistance Program for Professional Performing Arts Organizations contributes to the support of professional, non-profit performing arts organizations working in dance that sustain an annual artistic program encompassing creation, development, production, and public presentation.
Who Can Apply
All eligible applicants must:
- Be a professional arts organization registered and in good standing as a non-profit society in the Province of British Columbia.
- Have operated as a professional performing arts organization for two fiscal years prior to application.
- Provide public programming and have done so in the immediately preceding two years.
- Compensate artists and arts professionals by compensating arts and culture workers at industry standards and adhering to international intellectual property rights standards and cultural ownership protocols
- Have professional artistic/curatorial and administrative leadership.
- For organizations that have not previously received Operating Assistance:
- Applicants must have received at least two Project Assistance grants from the BC Arts Council within the past five years and within eligible discipline-specific programs.
- Applicants must establish eligibility with Council staff before making an application and are encouraged to do so at least four weeks before the application deadline.
- For organizations that have previously received Operating Assistance:
- Eligibility is reviewed annually.
How to Apply
The application intake opens approximately six weeks before the program deadline.
All applicants, especially those who are new to the program, are urged to discuss their request with the program officer that corresponds to their area of practice prior to submission.
Please note that program staff are typically available during regular business hours Monday - Friday. If a deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, staff will be unavailable on that day.
Program guidelines are revised annually. Please ensure that you download and review the most recent version posted to the website.