Program TypeProject Assistance
Application DeadlineApril 1, 2020
- Application Type
Touring Initiatives supports B.C. artists, collectives, and arts organizations undertaking touring activities outside the province that will lead to enhanced professional opportunities.
Funding is provided for projects that are scheduled as part of significant national or international cultural events or that take advantage of significant market development and audience development and touring opportunities. Priority will be given to tours that are professionally organized and are paying fees to artists.
There are two categories of Touring Initiatives grants:
- Category A – Representation at a Significant National or International Exhibition or Event
- Category B – Market and Audience Development or Touring Opportunity
Who Can Apply
In order to be eligible for support through this program, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
Professional Arts Organizations
- Be an organization registered and in good standing as a non-profit society in the Province of British Columbia for at least one year.
- Provide financial statements for the most recently completed fiscal year.
- Have operated and offered public programming for a minimum of one year as a non-profit society.
Professional Independent Artists
- Have worked in their discipline as a professional practitioner for at least two years following completion of basic studies and have a demonstrated body of previous work.
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and have lived in British Columbia for at least twelve months immediately prior to application.
Professional Collectives, Groups or Ensembles
- Be readily identified as a professional B.C. collective, group or ensemble.
- Apply under the name of an individual member of the collective, acting as a key contact person and listed as the submitting officer, who meets the eligibility criteria for Professional Independent Artists. The key contact person will be held responsible for the application and subsequent report. If the application is successful, this person will receive payment of the award on behalf of the group.
All interested applicants should review the program guidelines for further information about what is eligible for funding.
How to Apply
Applications are accepted throughout the year. There are three intake deadlines: April 1, August 15 and December 1. Applications received in the period leading up to each deadline will be adjudicated together.
All applicants, especially those who are new to the program, are urged to discuss their request with the program officer that corresponds to their area of practice prior to submission.
Please note that program staff are typically available during regular business hours Monday - Friday. If a deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, staff will be unavailable on that day.
Program guidelines are revised annually. Please ensure that you download and review the most recent version posted to the website.