BC Arts Council Announces Microgrant Pilot Program
The BC Arts Council is pleased to announce the launch of a new pilot program for individual artists.
The Microgrant Pilot Program is intended to support professional artists and cultural practitioners in B.C. to adapt either an existing work or their professional practice to respond to emergent needs or changes in the arts and culture sector.
The goal of the program is to help individuals in the sector with their creative development and the sustainability of their practice, including the use of new technologies or digital opportunities. Grants should be in alignment with the strategic directions of the BC Arts Council.
Awards of up to $1,500 are available.
The pilot has made possible by a generous donation from the Yosef Wosk Family Foundation, the timing of which has allowed us to match funds and use this initiative in support of the BC Arts Council’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Awards will be available to support:
- Activities that are related to a pre-existing and/or in-progress body of work or practice. These activities may include, but are not limited to:
- exploring new technologies;
- developing alternate production/presentation/distribution strategies; or
- acquiring new skills, and/or developing new relationships relevant to your project/practice.
- Activities that are projected to occur in the immediate future; ideally in the three (3) months following confirmation of the funding.
To provide funds as quickly as possible to artists, applications will be accessed on a rolling basis. The program has a final deadline of June 30, 2020.