Disciplines and Practices
The following disciplines and practices are funded by the BC Arts Council:
- arts administration and/or cultural management.
- community-based arts practice (community-engaged arts; eco-arts; cultural identity, revitalization, and preservation).
- dance (performance, choreography).
- literary (creative writing, storytelling, spoken word, publishing).
- media arts (film, video, audio/sound art, new media).
- multi- or interdisciplinary artistic practice.
- museum studies (collections management, museum education, curatorial practices, conservation).
- music (performance, composition).
- theatre (acting, directing, technical, design, musical theatre).
- visual arts, contemporary and traditional craft art, and independent critical and curatorial practice.
- Deaf, Disability and Mad arts (DDM) practitioners.