Netiquette Policy & Collection Notice
This policy covers all our social media platforms.
Through our social media, we want to encourage a free exchange of ideas and comments. All messages about arts and culture in British Columbia are welcome.
In order to encourage a rich and constructive dialogue while maintaining a respectful space where everyone feels welcome, we reserve the right to monitor, hide, or remove comments or content that are:
- Obscene, aggressive or abusive, including language that is hateful or harmful toward others;
- Racist, sexist, xenophobic, homophobic or that denigrate someone’s ethnicity, sexual orientation, or religious identity;
- Off-topic; political, professional, or commercial solicitation; advertising;
- Reveal personal or confidential information about someone other than the poster;
- Repeated messages and embedded URLs;
- Posted without necessary rights, licenses, and consents;
- Illegal or contain false information designed to incite illegal, violent, hateful or harmful actions;
- Target a Council employee or anyone working with the Council or Ministry of Tourism, Arts & Culture in a professional capacity.
Anyone who does not follow this posting policy will be blocked or banned.
Any point of view expressed on BC Arts Council’s social media may not necessarily be that of the BC Arts Council, its members, or employees.
The Council is not responsible for comments or content posted by its followers and disclaims any liability that may arise from them.
Photos and videos
If you share the BC Arts Council’s photos or videos, please take steps to ensure that you also receive copyright permission from the appropriate person(s). The Council is not legally liable for any copyright violations committed by its followers and reserves the right to delete any content without notice.
We reserve the right to update this netiquette policy at any time entirely at our discretion and without notice.
If you wish to contact us about anything you’ve seen on Council’s social media, please contact us at BCArtsCouncil@gov.bc.ca.
Social Media Collection Notice
The personal information you post may be collected by the Ministry of Tourism, Arts & Culture / BC Arts Council under s. 26(c) and 26(e) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purposes of engaging and consulting with the public. Please be aware that any information collected may be stored and/or accessed outside of Canada on servers not belonging to the government. To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include any personal information including phone numbers or email addresses in the body of your comment. Please do not share personal information about others, including pictures. If you have any questions, please contact us at: BCArtsCouncil@gov.bc.ca.