What are capital expenses?
Unless explicitly stated in the program guidelines, capital expenses are not eligible for grants from the BC Arts Council. Capital expenses are typically for items that will continue to have value after a project has completed. Examples include:
- Land, buildings and renovations of leased spaces
- Facility and technical equipment
- Office equipment and furniture
- Computers, printers and technology equipment
- Artistic tools and equipment (please note, this does not mean consumable supplies)