We’re pleased to announce the return of the Professional Development program. After a temporary suspension of the program, the BC Arts Council is again providing opportunities for arts and culture practitioners to apply for professional development activities within the constraints of all relevant public health advisories and protocols.
The Professional Development grant assists professional artists, cultural practitioners, production and technical personnel, and arts administrators with specific learning opportunities and/or activities to advance their practice or career. Awards are not intended to support the creation of new work(s) or full-time studies.
- Maximum request amount is $7,500. The request amount may be up to 100% of the total project budget.
- Deadline to apply: Monday, February 7, 2022, 11:59 pm PST
- Find guidelines, contact information and how to apply on the program page.
Join BC Arts Council staff for an overview of this program and an opportunity to ask questions in online information sessions. Registration is required. Click on one of the following dates to register:
- January 19, 2022 at 12 noon PST / 1pm MST
- January 25, 2022 at 4 pm PST / 5 pm MST
All applicants are encouraged to discuss their proposed request with the program officer prior to submission.
A list of program officers is available on the program page.
For general information or further assistance, please contact:
Telephone: 250 356-1718