Program TypeOperating Assistance
Application DeadlineSeptember 30, 2021
- Application Type
The Operating Assistance program for Arts and Cultural Service Organizations supports BC organizations that show ongoing local, regional, provincial, and/or national activity that has provincial impact and that provide a range of services to an established membership base comprised of allied arts organizations in BC.
COVID-19 & the BC Arts Council
We remain committed to supporting B.C.’s artists and cultural organizations through this difficult time.
Funded activities may need to make adaptations to comply with relevant public health orders, including those regarding gatherings and travel.
The most up-to-date information will always be posted on our dedicated COVID-19 Update page and individual pages for programs open for intake. Updates will also be announced on our Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Who Can Apply
In order to be eligible for support through this program, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be registered as a non-profit society in good standing in the Province of British Columbia and have operated as a service organization for two fiscal years prior to application.
- Provide services and programs to support a membership base and have done so in the immediately preceding two years.
- Compensate artists and arts professionals by paying fees at industry standards and adhere to international intellectual property rights standards.
- Have professional executive and administrative leadership.
- Demonstrate a range of membership that is representative of its constituency (local, regional, provincial or national). If membership or activity is local, regional, or national in scope, the organization must clearly demonstrate provincial impact.
- For organizations not currently receiving Operating Assistance:
- Applicants must have received at least two Professional Project Assistance awards from the British Columbia Arts Council within the past five years.
- Applicants must establish eligibility with Council staff before making an application and are encouraged to so at least four weeks before the application deadline.
How to Apply
All applicants must be registered in the BCAC Online Grant Application System. It is highly recommended to read the entire How to Apply Online before starting this process.
Registration requests, once completed in the online system, can take up to 4 business days to be approved by BCAC staff.
Once an applicant has an organization profile in the system, then an online application form needs to be filled in and submitted.
All applicants, especially those who are new to the program, are urged to discuss their request with the program officer.
Please note that program staff are typically available during regular business hours Monday - Friday. If a deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, staff will be unavailable on that day.
You can access the main log in page of the BCAC Online Grant Application System by clicking the Apply Now button at the bottom of this webpage.
Program guidelines are revised annually.
The following guidelines are provided for reference only.