Program TypeOperating Assistance
Application DeadlineSeptember 30, 2021
- Application Type
The Operating Assistance program for Arts and Cultural Service Organizations supports BC organizations that show ongoing local, regional, provincial, and/or national activity that has provincial impact and that provide a range of services to an established membership base comprised of allied arts organizations in BC.
2021 Operating Assistance Intake
For 2021, all current recipients of Operating Assistance will submit a simplified application for staff to review. Please ensure you review the 2021 Operating Assistance Overview document for further information.
New applicants to Operating Assistance will not be accepted at this time. Any new information regarding new applicants will be updated on this program page and in our news section.
These decisions were made as part of our response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
COVID-19 & the BC Arts Council
We remain committed to supporting B.C.’s artists and cultural organizations through this difficult time.
Funded activities may need to make adaptations to comply with relevant public health orders, including those regarding gatherings and travel.
The most up-to-date information will always be posted on our dedicated COVID-19 Update page and individual pages for programs open for intake. Updates will also be announced on our Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Who Can Apply
For 2021, only current recipients of Operating Assistance are eligible. To continue to receive funding through the Service Organizations – Operating program your organization must continue to fulfill the following criteria:
- Be registered as a non-profit society in good standing in the Province of British Columbia and have operated as a service organization for two fiscal years prior to application.
- Provide services and programs to support a membership base and have done so in the immediately preceding two years.
- Compensate artists and arts professionals by paying fees at industry standards and adhere to international intellectual property rights standards.
- Have professional executive and administrative leadership.
- Demonstrate a range of membership that is representative of its constituency (local, regional, provincial or national). If membership or activity is local, regional, or national in scope, the organization must clearly demonstrate provincial impact.
At present, we are not accepting new applicants to this program.
How to Apply
All applicants must be registered in the BCAC Online Grant Application System. It is highly recommended to read the entire How to Apply Online before starting this process.
You can access the main log in page of the BCAC Online Grant Application System by clicking the Apply Now button at the bottom of this webpage.
For 2021, eligible applicants to Operating Assistance will be completing a shorter application than a typical full Operating application.
Please refer to the 2021 Operating Assistance Overview document for more information about this year’s intake.
The following guidelines are from the previous intake and provided for general information about the program. They are for reference only.