Program TypeOperating Assistance
Application DeadlineOctober 15, 2019
- Application Type
The Operating Assistance for Community Arts Organizations program supports organizations that provide public access to a range of artistic and cultural activities, develop and encourage leadership for arts and culture at the community level, and encourage support for arts and culture from local and regional governments
Who Can Apply
In order to be eligible for support through this program, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be registered as a not-for-profit society in good standing with the Province of British Columbia and have operated as a community arts organization for at least two fiscal years prior to application.
- Provide year-round services to its community, and have done so in the immediately preceding two years.
- For organizations that have not previously received Operating Assistance:
- Eligible applicants must have received a minimum of two project assistance grants within the last 5 years.
- Applicants must discuss eligibility with the program officer before the application deadline.
How to Apply
All applicants must be registered in the BCAC Online Grant Application System. It is highly recommended to read the entire How to Apply Online before starting this process.
Registration requests, once completed in the online system, can take up to 4 business days to be approved by BCAC staff.
Once an applicant has an organization profile in the system, then an online application form needs to be filled in and submitted.
All applicants, especially those who are new to the program, are urged to discuss their request with the program officer.
Please note that program staff are typically available during regular business hours Monday - Friday. If a deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, staff will be unavailable on that day.
You can access the main log in page of the BCAC Online Grant Application System by clicking the Apply Now button at the bottom of this webpage.
Program guidelines are revised annually. Please ensure that you download and review the most recent version posted to the website.
Program guidelines 2019/20 - PDF version
For a preview of what the online application form for 2019/20 looks like please click here - PDF version