Program TypeOperating Assistance
Application DeadlineMarch 15, 2020
- Application Type
Funding to support the activities of professional, non-profit arts training organizations that provide comprehensive programs of specialized training for professional artists and cultural workers or for those who are committed to pursuing professional careers in the arts.
Who Can Apply
Only organizations that received Operating Assistance in 2019/20 are eligible to apply to the March 15, 2020 deadline. Eligibility is reviewed annually.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be a professional arts organization registered and in good standing as a non-profit society in the Province of British Columbia for at least two fiscal years prior to application.
- Have operated as a professional arts training organization for two fiscal years prior to application.
- Provide public programming and have done so in the immediately preceding two years.
- Compensate artists and arts professionals by paying fees at industry standards and adhere to international intellectual property rights standards.
- Have professional artistic/training and administrative leadership.
All interested applicants should review the program guidelines for further information about what is eligible for funding.
How to Apply
The application intake opens approximately six weeks before the program deadline.
All applicants, especially those who are new to the program, are urged to discuss their request with the program officer that corresponds to their area of practice prior to submission.
Please note that program staff are typically available during regular business hours Monday - Friday. If a deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, staff will be unavailable on that day.
Program guidelines are revised annually. Please ensure that you download and review the most recent version posted to the website.