Program TypeProject Assistance
- Application Type
- Fields of Practice
Please note: The Access Support Program is not a stand-alone program and can only be applied for jointly with a BC Arts Council grant application, or after receiving approval for a BC Arts Council grant (also known as the “associated grant”).
Access Support provides an additional contribution towards costs for specific accessibility services and supplies, rental equipment, and other supports required to carry out a project funded by the BC Arts Council (referred to as the “associated grant”).
Download the Access Support Program Guidelines (PDF)
Download the Access Support Program Guidelines (Word)
Download the Access Support Application Preview (Word)
Review the Program Guidelines to learn about:
- How to apply
- Who can apply
- Eligible projects and expenses
- Grant amounts
- What is needed for the application, including support materials
- How applications will be assessed
Please review the Program Guidelines before contacting the Program Advisor.
How to Make a Request
1. Contact the Accessibility Coordinator to discuss requests and any Access Supports required.
2. Submit a description of the barriers being encountered, the supports and solutions needed to carry out the project, and an appropriate budget within the associated grant application in the online Grant Management System (GMS)
Reporting for Persons With Disabilities (PWD) Benefit
For the Persons with Disabilities (PWD) benefit, BC Arts Council grants are considered exempt income. Although the grant amount will not be deducted from disability assistance, you are still required to report it. Instructions on how to report a grant can be found in our information sheet or contact the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction at 1-866-866-0800 to discuss.
Contact Us – We are here to help!
Clayton Baraniuk | 250-978-9839 | Clayton.Baraniuk@gov.bc.ca
For general information, contact: 250-356-1718 | BCArtsCouncil@gov.bc.ca
A full list of program staff is available on our website.