Program TypeProject Assistance
Application DeadlineDecember 14, 2023
- Application Type
- Fields of Practice
Arts Circulation and Touring supports eligible arts and culture organizations, collectives and individuals with circulation and touring activities both within British Columbia and outside of the province. Grants received in this program are intended to enhance professional and artistic opportunities and exposure of B.C. artists, collectives, and arts organizations regionally, nationally, and internationally.
Assistance through this program is available to arts and culture organizations, collectives and to individual art practitioners through three categories outlined below.
Grants are not available through this program to support projects that are primarily focused on the creation or development of new works or programming.
There are three categories of Arts Circulation and Touring grants:
Category A: Outbound Activity
- The circulation and touring of artistic and cultural works originating from the applicant to specific venues* or events inside or outside of British Columbia.
Category B: Inbound Activity
- The hosting, presentation, and circulation of artistic and cultural performances, exhibitions, and works originating inside or outside of the province to specific venues* or events held in British Columbia by applicants.
Category C: Digitization and Translations – PILOT
- The digitization of artistic and cultural works for the purposes of dissemination to and access by the identified communities the applicant serves.
- The translation of literary, dramatic, other written artistic works, critical arts writing, or public programming materials originally created by B.C. artists, arts practitioners, and arts and culture organizations, for the purposes of publication, presentation, or greater access by the identified communities the applicant serves.
*Venues can include: a theatre, gallery, library, museum, festival site or space, community centre, or any other space or site where the activity is taking place.
For Organizations and Collectives
Download the Guidelines (PDF)
Download the Guidelines (PDF)
Review the Program Guidelines to learn about:
- How to apply
- Who can apply
- Eligible projects and expenses
- Grant amounts
- What is needed for the application, including support material
- How applications will be assessed
Please review the Program Guidelines before contacting the Program Advisor.
Applications for this intake are currently being accepted until December 14, 2023.
Information Session Video
This program provides funding for support services required to create and submit grant applications, project updates, and final reports for BC Arts Council grants.
This program provides additional funding to support access costs associated with a project funded by a BC Arts Council grant.
How to Apply
Applications are submitted through the Grant Management System.
New applicants must register and create a profile in the online system. Once the registration request is submitted, it may take up to four business days to process your request.