Program TypeProject Assistance
Application DeadlineJanuary 14, 2022
- Application Type
Project Assistance: Arts Infrastructure enables eligible organizations to develop and enhance spaces that support the work of B.C.’s arts and cultural practitioners. All projects must clearly demonstrate how they benefit arts and cultural practitioners.
The program aims to support projects that:
- Catalyze the development of new or existing arts and cultural spaces through acquisition, renovation, or purchase of specialized equipment.
- Improve physical, social, and cultural accessibility to arts and cultural spaces.
- Enhance access to arts and cultural spaces for underserved communities and underrepresented arts and cultural practices.
- Strengthen the capacity of the sector to develop, operate and sustain arts and cultural spaces.
All projects must be completed before December 31, 2024.
There are three project categories:
- Category 1. Planning & Consultation
Planning processes, and research to support the acquisition, development or enhancement of arts and cultural facilities. Maximum grant: $25,000.
- Category 2. Capital Improvements
Building-based projects involving the purchase, construction, renovation, acquisition, or expansion of an arts and/or cultural facility. Maximum grant: $250,000.
- Category 3. Specialized Equipment Acquisition
Projects focused solely on the purchase of specialized equipment for long-term use and associated installation expenses may request assistance from this program. Maximum grant: $40,000.
Applicants should apply to only one of the appropriate categories as described above.
Program Impacts and Changes Due to COVID-19
The BC Arts Council recognizes the unprecedented impact the COVID-19 pandemic is having on the B.C. arts and culture sector. While every effort is made to minimize revisions, program guidelines may be updated to align with current provincial and federal orders and public health directives. Please:
- Ensure you have the latest version of the program guidelines as posted on the BC Arts Council website. Any changes to the guidelines made after the original posting will be clearly highlighted.
- Find up-to-date information posted on our COVID-19 update page.
Who Can Apply
Assistance through this program is available to Arts and Cultural Organizations. Ineligible applications will not be forwarded for assessment.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Provide public arts and cultural programming in British Columbia and have done so for a minimum of two years.
- Have submitted any overdue final reports on previous BC Arts Council grants by the submission deadline for this program.
An Arts and Cultural Organization must also:
- Be an organization with a dedicated arts and cultural mandate that is registered and in good standing as a non-profit society or community service co-op in the Province of British Columbia for at least two fiscal years prior to application.
- Be an Indigenous Government, Indigenous Community Organization, or Métis Chartered Community offering dedicated arts and culture activities.
- Be a professional public arts and cultural organization operated by a local government or a public post-secondary institution, with a community-based board of management that sets policy for the organization’s programs and services and that offers public programming.
- Be a book publisher that meets the eligibility requirements for either the Project Assistance or Operating Assistance for Book Publishers program.
How to Apply
All applicants must be registered in the BCAC Online Grant Application System. It is recommended you read the entire How to Apply Online before starting this process.
Registration requests, once completed in the online system, can take up to 4 business days to be approved by BCAC staff.
Once an applicant has an organization profile in the system, then an online application form needs to be filled in and submitted.
Applicants are required to discuss their application with the program officer prior to submission.
Please note that program staff are typically available during regular business hours Monday - Friday. If a deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, staff will be unavailable on that day.
You can access the main log in page of the BCAC Online Grant Application System by clicking the Apply Now button at the bottom of this webpage.