Arts Infrastructure Program
Program TypeProject Assistance
Application DeadlineDecember 15, 2022
- Application Type
- Fields of Practice
The Arts Infrastructure Program enables eligible organizations to develop and enhance spaces that support the work of B.C.’s arts and cultural practitioners. The program aims to support projects that:
- Catalyze the development of new or existing arts and cultural spaces through acquisition, renovation, or purchase of specialized equipment;
- Improve physical, social, and cultural accessibility to arts and cultural spaces;
- Enhance access to arts and cultural spaces for underserved communities and underrepresented arts and cultural practices; or
- Strengthen the capacity of the sector to develop, operate, and sustain arts and cultural spaces.
All projects must be completed before December 31, 2025.
Project categories include:
Category 1. Planning & Consultation
Planning processes, and research to support the acquisition, development or enhancement of arts and cultural facilities.
Maximum request: $25,000
Category 2. Capital Improvements
Building-based projects involving the construction, renovation, acquisition, or expansion of an arts and cultural facility.
Maximum request: $250,000
Category 3. Specialized Equipment Acquisition
Projects focused solely on the purchase of specialized equipment for long-term use and associated installation expenses.
Maximum request: $40,000
Download the Arts Infrastructure Program Guidelines (PDF)
Download the Arts Infrastructure Application Preview (word)
Review the Program Guidelines to learn about:
- How to apply
- Who can apply
- Eligible projects and expenses
- Grant amounts
- What is needed for the application, including support material
- How applications will be assessed
Please review the Program Guidelines before contacting the Program Advisor.
Applications are currently being accepted until DECEMBER 15, 2022.
This program provides funding for support services required to create and submit grant applications, project updates, and final reports for BC Arts Council grants.
This program provides additional funding to support access costs associated with a project funded by a BC Arts Council grant.
Watch the Info session on our YouTube channel
How to Apply
Applications are submitted through the Grant Management System.
New applicants must register and create a profile in the online system. Once the registration request is submitted, it may take up to four business days to process your request.