Program TypeProject Assistance
Application DeadlineOctober 15, 2020
- Application Type
Projects Assistance: Community Arts Organizations assists with the development and special activities of community-based arts and cultural organizations in British Columbia.
Awards under this program are intended to improve the artistic standards of community-based artistic creation or increase community participation in arts activities, such as creation of original work, remounting of existing repertoire or exhibitions, critical documentation, exploration of diverse forms, skills development, dissemination, or organizational development.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have placed a temporary blackout period for activities that involve travel and/or in-person gatherings of over 50. The blackout dates could be adjusted depending on current provincial and federal orders and directives. Please refer to the appropriate section of our dedicated COVID 19 Update page before completing your application.
The BC Arts Council is committed to supporting B.C.’s artists and cultural organizations through this difficult time. The most up-to-date information will always be posted on our dedicated COVID 19 Update page and individual program pages. Updates will also be announced on our Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Who Can Apply
Assistance through this program is available to Arts and Cultural Organizations, First Nation Band Councils, and Indigenous Community Organizations (e.g. Friendship Centres).
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a professional arts and cultural organization registered and in good standing as a non-profit society in the Province of British Columbia for at least one year.
- Be a First Nations Band Council or Indigenous community organization in B.C. that offers arts programming and sets policy for the organization’s public programs and services.
- Be based in British Columbia and offered programming activity in B.C. for a minimum of one year.
- Compensate arts and cultural practitioners fairly in keeping with community contexts and industry standards within the field of practice, including adhering to international intellectual property rights standards and cultural ownership protocols.
- Not currently receiving Operating Assistance from the BC Arts Council.
- Have submitted all required final reports on previous BC Arts Council grants as of the deadline date for this program.
How to Apply
All applicants must be registered in the BCAC Online Grant Application System. It is highly recommended to read the entire How to Apply Online before starting this process.
Registration requests, once completed in the online system, can take up to 4 business days to be approved by BCAC staff.
Once an applicant has an organization profile in the system, then an online application form needs to be filled in and submitted.
All applicants, especially those who are new to the program, are urged to discuss their request with the program officer.
Please note that program staff are typically available during regular business hours Monday - Friday. If a deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, staff will be unavailable on that day.
You can access the main log in page of the BCAC Online Grant Application System by clicking the Apply Now button at the bottom of this webpage.
Program guidelines are revised annually.
Please note: the officer for this program is still to be determined. Once they are assigned, we will update this page with their contact details. In the meantime, you can contact the BC Arts Council via:
Telephone: 250 356-1718
A full list of program officers is available on our website.