Program TypeIndividual Arts Awards
Application DeadlineMay 31, 2022
- Application Type
Individual Arts Awards: Professional Performing Artists supports initiatives in the development, creation, production, realization, dissemination and/or live performance of classical, experimental, original, traditional and contemporary performing art forms from all world cultures. Performing Arts includes dance, music, theatre, multidisciplinary or other performing arts practices such as circus and comedy.
The program supports professional performing artists and practitioners in two categories:
- Development and Creation supports the initial stages of the creative process including research, creation and project development.
- Production and Realization supports latter stages of project development, production, remounts, post-production and presentation and those projects intended for presentation.
For projects with a full range of activity you may apply for both categories in the same application.
Who Can Apply
Submissions from applicants who do not meet eligibility criteria will not be forwarded for assessment. To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a professional independent artist and must:
- Have worked in their discipline as a professional practitioner for at least two years following completion of basic studies and have a demonstrated body of previous work
- Be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident and have been a resident of British Columbia for at least 12 months immediately prior to the application deadline, and ordinarily reside in B.C. For more information, review our Determining B.C. Residency page.
- Have completed and submitted any overdue final reports on previous BC Arts Council grants by the submission deadline for this program.
How to Apply
The deadline for submission is May 31, 2022, no later than 11:59 p.m. The BC Arts Council office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Applications must be submitted via the online grant system. Applicants must ensure that all information (including address verification) and documentation in their online profile is up to date before submitting an application.
New applicants must register and create a profile in the online system. Once the registration request is submitted, it may take up to four business days to process your request. New registrants will be notified once their registration is processed and they are able to access grant applications.
Ensure the email address firstname.lastname@example.org is on your safe senders list and check your spam folders.
Program guidelines are revised annually. Please ensure that you download and review the most recent version, which is posted below.
Program Guidelines (PDF)
Application Preview (PDF)
Application Preview (Word)