Program TypeIndividual Arts Grants
Application DeadlineJune 23, 2023
- Application Type
- Fields of Practice
Individual Arts Grants: Media Artists assists independent media artists with the creation of specific projects. Projects and works must be independent of commercial industries for film, video, and gaming.
BC Arts Council supports independent digital and media arts practices in the following areas:
- Moving images (film and video practices, including narrative, experimental, expanded cinema, and installation-based works);
- Audio/sound art (including sound sculptures and installations, sound walks, or other use of sound and listening as the foundation of artistic expression, generally for presentation in gallery spaces); or
- New media and digital arts (including interactive installation, immersive and interactive environments, web-based art, or other information and communications technologies used for artistic expression).
Grants are available to support the creation of new works (for film, the production and/or post-production phase). Applications may be made by individuals or on behalf of a collaboration of two or more artists sharing creative control of a project and if all collaborators meet the eligibility criteria.
Critics and curators of Media Art may apply to Individual Arts Grants: Visual Artists in the fall of 2023 for assistance with independent critical writing or curatorial projects.
Download the Guidelines for the Individual Arts Grants: Media Artists (pdf)
(revised June 15 to confirm $750/week maximum subsistence request)
Download the Application Preview (word)
Review the Program Guidelines to learn about:
- How to apply
- Who can apply
- Eligible projects and expenses
- Grant amounts
- What is needed for the application, including support material
- How applications will be assessed
Please review the Program Guidelines before contacting the Program Advisor.
Applications are currently being accepted until June 23, 2023.
This program provides funding for support services required to create and submit grant applications, project updates, and final reports for BC Arts Council grants.
This program provides additional funding to support access costs associated with a project funded by a BC Arts Council grant.
How to Apply
Applications are submitted through the Grant Management System.
New applicants must register and create a profile in the online system. Once the registration request is submitted, it may take up to four business days to process your request.