Program TypeProject Assistance
Application DeadlineNovember 2, 2023
- Application Type
- Fields of Practice
Project Assistance: Media Arts Organizations supports eligible organizations and arts or curatorial collectives in the development, expansion, enhancement, or creation of new or unique independent media arts works, programming and community engagement initiatives. Projects and works must be independent of commercial industries for film, video, and gaming.
BC Arts Council grant programs support independent digital and media arts practices in the following areas:
- Moving images (film and video practices, including narrative, experimental, expanded cinema, and installation-based works)
- Audio or sound art (including sound sculptures and installations, sound walks, or other use of sound and listening as the foundation of artistic expression, generally for presentation in gallery spaces)
- New media and digital arts (including interactive installation, immersive and interactive environments, web-based art, or other information and communications technologies used for artistic expression)
This grant program does not support film production activities of works primarily intended for festival or commercial distribution, or film and creation projects outside of programming and engagement initiatives.
Review the Program Guidelines to learn about:
- How to apply
- Who can apply
- Eligible projects and expenses
- Grant amounts
- What is needed for the application, including support material
- How applications will be assessed
Please review the Program Guidelines before contacting the Program Advisor.
There are two intakes for this program each year, one in the Spring and one in the Fall.
Applications are currently being accepted until November 2, 2023.
This program provides funding for support services required to create and submit grant applications, project updates, and final reports for BC Arts Council grants.
This program provides additional funding to support access costs associated with a project funded by a BC Arts Council grant.
How to Apply
Applications are submitted through the Grant Management System.
New applicants must register and create a profile in the online system. Once the registration request is submitted, it may take up to four business days to process your request.