Program TypeProject Assistance
Application DeadlineApril 15, 2019
- Application Type
The Professional Project Assistance for Arts Training Organizations program supports projects which assist with special training activities and the development of recognized arts and cultural training programs and organizations.
Eligible activities may include specialized training for professional artists and cultural workers or the provision of specialized training for those who are committed to pursuing professional careers in the arts.
Who Can Apply
An eligible applicant must:
- Be based in British Columbia and conduct ongoing public programming activity in B.C.
- Engage competent and appropriate artistic/curatorial and management leadership as demonstrated by previous achievements, collaborations, partnerships, relationships, etc.
- Compensate artists and arts and cultural professionals at industry standards and adhere to international intellectual property rights standards and cultural ownership protocols.
- Be an organization registered and in good standing as a non-profit society in the Province of British Columbia for at least one year.
Specific Eligibility Criteria
In addition to the General Eligibility Criteria, applicants must:
- Have been operating for at least one year, with a mandate to provide professional-level training for developing artists and cultural workers.
- Comply with all requirements of the Criminal Records Review Act.
- Be able to provide a written syllabus or curriculum.
- Provide evidence of a need in the community for the proposed training.
- Compensate artists, instructors and other professional practitioners by paying fees at industry standard and adhere to international intellectual property rights standards.
- Provide a project budget that demonstrates a diversified revenue base, with significant funding from sources other than the British Columbia Arts Council, including earned revenues, local government support, and private sector funding.
- Not be eligible for, or receiving, funding through other BC Arts Council programs for the same activity.
- Have submitted all required final reports on previous BC Arts Council grants as of the deadline date for this program.
Awards can be made for either a specific project or to assist the general training, programming or production activities of the organization. Under normal circumstances, applicants for professional project assistance must, in addition to meeting the above criteria, demonstrate a record of realizing comparable projects at a professional standard.
How to Apply
The application intake opens approximately six weeks before the program deadline.
All applicants, especially those who are new to the program, are urged to discuss their request with the program officer that corresponds to their area of practice prior to submission.
Please note that program staff are typically available during regular business hours Monday - Friday. If a deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, staff will be unavailable on that day.
Program guidelines are revised annually. Please ensure that you download and review the most recent version posted to the website.