Program TypeProject Assistance
Application DeadlineMay 31, 2022
- Application Type
Project Assistance: Professional Arts Training Organizations assists eligible arts and culture organizations with special training activities and the development of recognized arts and cultural training programs in B.C.
Eligible activities may include specialized training for professional artists and cultural workers, or those committed to pursuing professional careers in the arts.
Who Can Apply
Submissions from applicants who do not meet eligibility criteria will not be forwarded for assessment. To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a professional arts and culture training organization that:
- is based in B.C.; and
- is registered and in good standing as a non-profit society or community service co-op in B.C. for at least one year; and
- has a mandate to provide professional-level training for developing artists and cultural workers.
- Be an Indigenous (First Nations, Métis, Inuit) community organization or Indigenous government in B.C., offering dedicated arts and culture activities.
- Conduct ongoing public programming activity in B.C.
- Fairly compensate artists, arts and cultural practitioners, technicians, Elders, and Knowledge Keepers. Compensation must align with project and community contexts and industry standards within the field of practice, including adhering to international intellectual property rights standards and cultural ownership protocols.
- Adhere to the Criminal Records Review Act which requires that people who work with or may have unsupervised access to children or vulnerable adults must undergo a criminal record check by the Criminal Records Review Program.
- Not currently receive Operating Assistance from the BC Arts Council.
- Have completed and submitted any overdue final reports on previous BC Arts Council grants by the submission deadline for this program.
How to Apply
The deadlines for submission are May 31, 2022 and October 15, 2022, no later than 11:59 p.m. The BC Arts Council office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Applications must be submitted via the online grant system. Applicants must ensure that all information (including address verification) and documentation in their online profile is up to date before submitting an application.
New applicants must register and create a profile in the online system. Once the registration request is submitted, it may take up to four business days to process your request. New registrants will be notified once their registration is processed and they are able to access grant applications.
Ensure the email address firstname.lastname@example.org is on your safe senders list and check your spam folders.
Program guidelines are revised annually. Please ensure that you download and review the most recent version, which is posted below.
Program Guidelines (PDF)
Application Preview (PDF)