Program TypeProject Assistance
Application DeadlineApril 30, 2021
- Application Type
Project Assistance: Professional Arts Training Organizations assists organizations with special training activities and the development of recognized arts and cultural training programs in B.C.
Eligible activities may include specialized training for professional artists and cultural workers or the provision of specialized training for those committed to pursuing professional careers in the arts.
COVID-19 & the BC Arts Council
We remain committed to supporting B.C.’s artists and cultural organizations through this difficult time.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the timing of individual grant programs could be affected, and in certain cases, programs may be suspended or deferred. Changes could also be made to the eligibility of activities within programs and successfully funded projects may need to make adaptations to comply with relevant public health orders, including those regarding gatherings and travel.
The most up-to-date information will always be posted on our dedicated COVID-19 Update page and individual pages for programs open for intake. Updates will also be announced on our Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Who Can Apply
To be eligible, you must:
- Be an arts and culture organization based in B.C. and registered and in good standing as a non-profit society or community service co-op in B.C. for at least one year.
- Be based in British Columbia and conduct ongoing public programming activity in B.C.
- Have a mandate to provide professional-level training for developing artists and cultural workers.
- Comply with all requirements of the Criminal Records Review Act.
- Compensate arts and cultural practitioners fairly in keeping with community contexts and industry standards within the field of practice, including adhering to international intellectual property rights standards and cultural ownership protocols.
- Not currently receive Operating Assistance from the BC Arts Council.
- Have submitted all required final reports on previous BC Arts Council grants as of the deadline for this program.
How to Apply
The application intake opens approximately six weeks before the program deadline.
All applicants must be registered in the BCAC Online Grant Application System (GMS). It is highly recommended you read How to Apply Online before starting this process. Please note, registration requests can take up to 4 business days to be approved by BCAC staff.
Once an applicant has a profile in the system, then an online application form needs to be filled in and submitted during the intake period.
All applicants, especially those new to the program, are urged to discuss their request with the program officer.
Please note that program staff are typically available during regular business hours Monday - Friday. If a deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, staff will be unavailable on that day.
Program guidelines are revised annually.