Project Assistance: Visual Arts Organizations
Program TypeProject Assistance
Application DeadlineMay 23, 2023
- Application Type
- Fields of Practice
Project Assistance: Visual Arts Organizations supports eligible organizations and arts and curatorial collectives in the development, expansion or enhancement, and creation of new or unique public programming, and community engagement initiatives in contemporary and traditional visual arts and craft.
BC Arts Council supports a wide variety of practices within the visual arts, including (but not limited to):
- Independent critical and curatorial practice
- Studio-based practices (ex. drawing, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture, etc.)
- Multidisciplinary, interdisciplinary, and other visual arts practices (ex. installation, video art, performance art, public art, etc.)
- Contemporary and traditional craft practices (ex. beading, carving, ceramics, weaving, etc.)
- Community-engaged practices led by arts and culture professionals.
Grants are not available through this program to support projects that are solely or primarily focused on the creation of new works.
Download the Program Guidelines for Project Assistance: Visual Arts Organizations (PDF)
Download the Application Preview for Project Assistance: Visual Arts Organizations (word)
Review the Program Guidelines to learn about:
- How to apply
- Who can apply
- Eligible projects and expenses
- Grant amounts
- What is needed for the application, including support material
- How applications will be assessed
Please review the Program Guidelines before contacting the Program Advisor.
There are two intakes for this program each year, one in the Spring and one in the Fall.
Applications are currently being accepted until May 23, 2023.
This program provides funding for support services required to create and submit grant applications, project updates, and final reports for BC Arts Council grants.
This program provides additional funding to support access costs associated with a project funded by a BC Arts Council grant.
How to Apply
Applications are submitted through the Grant Management System.
New applicants must register and create a profile in the online system. Once the registration request is submitted, it may take up to four business days to process your request.