Ten BC Arts Council programs are now accepting applications!
“The BC Arts Council continues their commitment to increase funding access and enhance equitable opportunities for more artists and arts organizations,” said Melanie Mark, Hli Haykwhl Ẃii Xsgaak, Minister of Tourism, Arts, Culture and Sport. “These BC Arts Council programs are another solid example of the ongoing work to open doors for new opportunities. These programs strengthen the B.C. arts and culture community by providing valuable financial support, and I encourage all interested and eligible artists and organizations to apply for these grants.”
“The BC Arts Council is making tremendous strides in its renewed focus to build a more diverse and equitable funding structure within its grant programs,” said Bob D’Eith, Parliamentary Secretary for Arts and Film. “I applaud the changes that have been made to the assessment criteria of grant programs to respond to calls to action for reconciliation, diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility in this province.”
Individual Arts Awards: Creative Writers supports professional writers to create literary projects. Awards are available to support the creation of new work or the re-writing of an unpublished and unproduced manuscript.
- Download the program guidelines with information about eligibility, how to apply, grant amounts and more on the Individual Arts Awards: Creative Writers program page.
Project Assistance: Community Arts Organizations supports community-based arts and cultural organizations’ artistic projects that increase community participation in the arts. Awards are for the creation or hosting of work that provides engagement between artists, participants, communities and reduces barriers to public engagement in the arts.
- Download the program guidelines with information about eligibility, how to apply, grant amounts and more on the Project Assistance: Community Arts Organizations program page
As part of Extending Foundations: Action Plan 2022 -2024, we streamlined our program intakes. BC Arts Council now offers both a spring and fall intake for Professional Project Assistance programs for organizations and collectives.
Download guidelines on each Project Assistance program page:
- Project Assistance: Professional Arts Training Organizations
- Project Assistance: Professional Performing Arts
- Project Assistance: Professional Arts Festivals
- Project Assistance: Media Arts Organizations
- Project Assistance: Museums and Indigenous Cultural Centres
- Project Assistance: Visual Arts Organizations
- Project Assistance: Literary Arts
Professional Development also opened for its second intake this year. This program assists professional artists, cultural practitioners, production and technical personnel, and arts administrators attend a professional development opportunity or short-term learning activities that will advance their practice or career.
- Download the program guidelines with information about eligibility, how to apply, grant amounts and more information on the Professional Development program page.
“I’m incredibly proud of the work the BC Arts Council is doing to increase accessibility and flexibility throughout our suite of funding programs,” said BC Arts Council Chair, Sae-Hoon Stan Chung. “This is the second intake for Professional Project Assistance in 2022. This move from one to two intakes allows organizations and collectives to apply when works best for them. This action was part of the commitments we made in Extending Foundations to reduce barriers. We’ve listened and acted.”
The intake for all programs closes October 17, 2022.